Clinical Service Dog Trainer
Warrior Canine Connection is a pioneering organization that utilizes a Mission Based Trauma Recovery model to empower returning combat Veterans who have sustained physical and psychological wounds while in service to our country. Based on the concept of Warriors helping Warriors, WCC’s therapeutic service dog training program is designed to mitigate symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), and other challenges while giving injured combat Veterans a sense of purpose, help in reintegrating back into their families and communities, and a potential career path as a service dog trainer.
Position Type: Full time, with occasional weekend/evening hours, and hours above and beyond the standard 40 hour work week. All members of Service Dog Program staff are on call for after hour dog emergencies 24 hours a day.
Job Description: The Warrior Canine Connection Clinical Service Dog Trainer works as a member of WCC’s Service Dog Training Program and is responsible for the care, management and training of puppies and dogs within the program. They will be expected to work directly with and lead training groups for Veterans, Service Members, clinical staff, puppy parents, and volunteers and to consistently uphold the mission and standards of WCC and Assistance Dogs International.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in the Health and Human Services
- At least two (2) years of professional dog training Experience training service dogs preferred.
- At least two (2) years of clinical experience
- Ability to pass background check for clearance to work on Federal property
- Possess knowledge of and ability to implement effective training methods, problem solving and instruction for all phases of training (puppy through graduate training)
- Possess a valid driver’s license, working vehicle and insurance
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put your last name, first name and “WCC Trainer” in the subject line. This position is currently open and we will accept applications until the position is filled. Serious applicants with the required experience will be contacted for interviews.